Since the latest campaign for Seth began last week, his medical situation has actually worsened. He has had a cough for over a week with shortness of breath. He is also intermittently coughing up blood tinged mucous. He has not been evaluated or treated for these symptoms.
We must keep the pressure on and be consistent, insistent and persistent to make sure we do not lose yet another of our beloved freedom fighters due to deliberate medical neglect.
****Please join our phone and fax campaign!****
*Talking points and sample letter below*
THINGS YOU CAN DO:
1) On Tuesday, 5/5 and Wednesday, 5/6 please call:
***Acting Commissioner Anthony J. Annucci, NYS Department of Corrections at
***Dr. Carl J. Koenigsmann, Chief Medical Officer, DOCCS Division of Health
Services at (518) 457-7073
***Nancy A. Lyng, MS, Director of Health Services, at (518) 445-6176
2) On Thursday, 5/7 and Friday, 5/8, please fax (you can use a free online
fax service like faxzero.com if needed):
***Acting Commissioner Anthony J. Annucci at Fax: (518) 457-0076
***Dr. Carl J. Koenigsmann M.D. at Fax: (518) 445-7553
***Nancy A. Lyng, MS at Fax: (518) 445-6157
***Suggested talking points***
State who you are calling about and include his prisoner #: Robert Seth Hayes, #74-A-2280, at Sullivan Correctional Facility;
Say that you are requesting:
1) an immediate work-up of his cough and shortness of breath;
2) an assessment of his weight loss to have potential malignancies ruled out;
3) modification of his insulin regimen to better control his diabetes and prevent low blood sugars; and
4) a physician’s order for a diabetic diet.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what response you receive.
A SAMPLE LETTER YOU CAN FAX OR MAIL:
Continue Reading »